The Office of Marketing & Business Outreach (OMBO) manages the UC Berkeley brand and collaborates with campus and corporate partners to promote and/or sponsor educational, research-related, public service, and community-building activities.
We promote UC Berkeley’s preeminent reputation, manage its global trademark portfolio, and support cause-related activities/events, while mitigating risks to these important assets.
We strive to promote social responsibility across the campus. We do this by repositioning the campus’ brand and providing opportunities for alignment with socially responsible initiatives.
Promoting excellence. Inspiring change.
Our Social Responsibility Mission Statement
We seek to be socially and environmentally responsible by embracing sustainability, diversity, and responsible supply chain management.
We act as stewards of the University’s valuable assets: its name, reputation, and intellectual property. We work with students, faculty, staff, vendors, licensees, and community members to:
- Authorize appropriate use of the University’s name and trademarks
- Provide solutions to Use of Name concerns
- Enforce compliance to the University’s policies, state, federal, and international trademark laws
- Promote social responsibility in our department, across the campus, and in our external partnerships
- Manage and promote the campus’ brand
- Embrace and support UC Berkeley’s Principles of Community
- Integrate campus cause-related marketing/branding efforts
- Authorize and/or enforce appropriate use of the University’s name and other trademarks
- Establish partnerships with businesses that engage in or support social responsibility programs
- Provide informative and prompt responses to customer inquiries
- Serve as a resource and a clearing house for Use of Name concerns for the Berkeley campus.